The Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) is committed to providing useful, reliable information to help you understand your rights and obligations under workplace laws.
The correct identification of the industrial instrument relevant to you is however dependent on the accuracy of the information you enter.
In addition there are a number of factors that determine whether a particular industrial instrument covers you. These include:
- the time period you are concerned about
- the State or Territory in which you are an employer or employee
- when the employer commenced business and whether they are a trading or financial corporation
- the terms of the coverage provisions in the industrial instrument
- the operation of, and any changes to, the Fair Work Act and other relevant legislation
- decisions of courts or Fair Work Australia
- the operation of the Miscellaneous Modern Award 2010.
For more information about the coverage and application of industrial instruments you can contact the Fair Work Infoline or you may wish to seek your own independent professional advice.